Rawr

Keep Calm and Eat Cake [Cake]

12 posts in this topic

cakebanner.thumb.jpg.c237f8f381e6ef42030

Cake is a new guild on Piken Square EU.

Our focus is on WvW/PvP but we also enjoy other aspects of the game.

We are a casual community. We don’t take ourselves too seriously but do want to do well at what we do.

One of our aims is to encourage players that are either new to the game or WvW/PvP in general to take part, as often players are afraid to do any form of PvP for fear of being made to feel stupid or completely lost. To achieve this we have approachable people explaining tactics, commanding in Edge of the Mists to help members get used to working as a team.

We use Teamspeak 3 to communicate to each other.

We welcome players of all abilities and knowledge we just want people to enjoy themselves, join in with guild activities where possible and be prepared to learn or pass on knowledge.

Organised open raids twice weekly. Mondays and Wednesdays (subject to change and possibly additional days added depending on availability)

Contact in game

Rawmangle.9268

Shailon.5347

http://eatcake.gamerlaunch.com/

Twitter

@CakePikenSquare

Rules

• Use TS3

• Rep the guild (bank guilds are fine)

• Join in with the raids if online

• Respect all players (stomping opponents is fine!)

•  

Edited by Rawr

Welcome guys pleasure to have you here. 

Good! Welcome on Piken Square! Hope you'll be fine here :)

Welcome! Your commanders don't have blue doritos but piece of blue cake on top of their heads?

Thanks for the welcomes :P

Here is the new tag available to Cake members in the next Anet update

blue-cupcake-ruth-black.jpg

If you put some red stripes in it , I am sure Roy will join ,

I 'm trying to get rid of him anyway 8)

No one wants roy confirmed.

btw isn't that a muffin? XD

Edited by Rediarel

Definitely a cupcake - muffins are different personally my favourite is blueberry muffin

My favourite cake varies but I am quite partial to carrot cake

Just a quick update.

Getting a few more guildies and steadily building up a nice community in a similar vein to when I first started in the game during beta.

We plan to raid Monday and Wednesday evenings with Shailon taking the commander role and then possibly add another night with someone else commanding not sure about that yet.Perhaps one night/time that would suit the Piken community if there are any shortfalls.

Cheers

Rawr

We are still looking to increase roster size. We have developed a strong core now and are continually looking to grow this.

We have had some epic fights recently with open raids but are looking forward to starting closed raids.

Applications are currently open to anyone of any skill level and any class. Please message:

Shailon.5347

Rawmangle.9268

In game to get more information and join or merry band! #getcaked 

You can also visit our website at: eatcake.gamerlaunch.com

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

• Recent Status Updates

• 🎁 uglynakedguy

Was planning on getting back in game, but my builds are obsolete...
      · 0 replies
    • 🎁 Drifty  »  🦄 Rose

Hi Rose,
      I have sorted 2 images, I like the battle pose (image 2), but if it's possible can you adjust my ears so they are down (image 1)
      Image 1 
      https://imgur.com/CUPLuMR
      Image 2
      https://imgur.com/FsHaVqu
      Look forward to having an avatar for the forums and ts!!
      I'm really excited to see what you come up with, which by looking at your artwork will be impressive
      Thanking you in advance
      Drifty
      · 1 reply
    • 🎁 Raedwulf  »  🦔 ducadiebonhawke

What am I, a chair to be re-upholstered?! :o I thank you for your kind words, but no, I can't be "recovered". I've never been a part of forum Piken & what I've seen of it this last week or two is... poisonous. And wouldn't I look a complete twit if I came back in whatever capacity. Nah. The forum has always done, well, whatever it's done without me, and the meeting... Can be whatever it wants to be & good luck to any who care to board that ship-that-might-well-sink! But thank you for thinking kindly of me. I can't remember who said it, but someone said words to the effect of "Dukey stepping down was an excuse to..." I don't know if you're a football fan, but I think I know how Moyes felt following Fergie at Man Utd!
      Regards,
      R
      · 2 replies
    • 🎁 Raedwulf  »  🎁 Chris

My apologies. You're obviously not the same Chris (Kiwi = NZer). He infected meeting after meeting, week after week, demanding (in his whiny Kiwi blocked nostril voice) that guilds should be given special privileges (for GvG fights). Particularly at reset, but also seemingly wanting it every day of the week. Without ever offering a damn thing to Piken. Oddly enough, he disappeared after I (politely!) challenged him in one meeting, but I think that was because he belonged to the link server & we changed link a week or two afterward. I claim no credit!

But where I do claim a little credit... I did say "If..." Wherever your first answer to me was, it was an unfortunate coincidence of name & your tone was sufficiently like... that it put me in mind of... I'm apologising now & since this is private, I'm not doing so for public "glory / ego" or whatever. And the reluctant thing  that was one bit you rather sneered at? Turned out I meant it, eh?  
      Regards,
      R
      · 0 replies