Ducky

Server links and registering concern

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Good evening everyone, 

After the GL, Officers and Tags meeting this evening I have decided to write a copy and paste Support ticket script. 

If you want to help and get involved, copy and paste this in a support ticket and send it to ANET using the support ticket system. Friends are being broken up, guilds and groups fractured by ANETS decision to keep Piken closed using an out dated statistical system. 

Dear ANET/GM
We as a server are very unhappy that our server is closed for new people to join. We now have split wvw guilds, virtually no wvw queues, groups of friends fractured and broken and ultimately this is totally unfair. 
Its not just us, with servers like Kodash and others who are even more worse off than we are. We ask you open the servers, allow those who are stuck outside of our community to join and then close it again. 

Even if its just for one day. Thank you.

Just copy the above and paste. It will take two minutes. <3

Thanks

Edited by Ducky

There will be some who will moan and disagree with the above, however for the time you have perhaps spent typing a "it wont work" reply to this post you could have done it to support your server. <3 

Ticket open and comment done on Reddit :

Below text of I wrote at Reddit :

I am from Piken and for months we are having the server closed, with often no queue during reset. However we keep our guild and activity alive moving who cannot join the server in the linked one, spending gems and supporting each other.

WvW request a lot of training activity and team build , now our teams are scattered with huge disappointment.

Now , do not come with smart suggestions " easy solution is to transfer to another server " , because we are part of a community we play together since years and we do not want to move. It is our right to stay in a community we feel our "home" and play as guild all together and do not see scattered.

Open the servers ANET and look at your matching systems so our friends can join back into our communities, allow a few days where people can be with their fellow guildies and then close the servers again. We want our queues back, our populations to blossom and for WvW to be a competitive game in its own right. Right now it isn't.

Posted (edited)

I hereby, officially and publicly, state that PTSD do not condone Support Ticket-behaviour (spamming) but alas stand behind the petition to open up Piken for, at least guildies that was in guilds based on Piken, prior to previous relink.

Edit: I forgot to state clearly and bold that this thread is visible to all that visit piken.eu

Edited by Brio

It's ok to support guildies to join their friend on piken but even before relink there were so many people not joining open tag, not joining ts and not even trying to be useful to the server. 
I'm sorry to say among all the so called green pugs "leeching" around the tag, too many of them are from wvw guilds.  
Now ok no one can force anyone to do anything but I mean at least encourage your people to be useful...
Some commanders might not be the best, some might sucks, but as this is the state of piken would be nice to see guilds help and support commanders, not only guild raiding in small group of 10/15 people. 
Maybe just my selfish pug opinion.

3 hours ago, Brio said:

I hereby, officially and publicly, state that PTSD do not condone Support Ticket-behaviour (spamming) but alas stand behind the petition to open up Piken for, at least guildies that was in guilds based on Piken, prior to previous relink.

Edit: I forgot to state clearly and bold that this thread is visible to all that visit piken.eu

Thats ok , Your 1 message won't tip the scales me thinks :)   lols

Were 3 days on, and Any Impact that may have effected them to open Piken would have taken place.

Time to suck it up and carry on the fight with what we have at our disposal.

Good effort by Duckey & Ducca, you tried and well done to those that sent any form of message to anet via ticket or forum.

Those players we have adrift, keep checking the link, especially at quiet periods & GL

3 hours ago, Francesca said:

It's ok to support guildies to join their friend on piken but even before relink there were so many people not joining open tag, not joining ts and not even trying to be useful to the server. 
I'm sorry to say among all the so called green pugs "leeching" around the tag, too many of them are from wvw guilds.  
Now ok no one can force anyone to do anything but I mean at least encourage your people to be useful...
Some commanders might not be the best, some might sucks, but as this is the state of piken would be nice to see guilds help and support commanders, not only guild raiding in small group of 10/15 people. 
Maybe just my selfish pug opinion.

Well written. We will not convince every "greenie" to join tags, but we can at least try to convince more of them. I am one of the commanders falling to the line "not the best one" (still at the start of learning), but have some fine and helpful players with me most of the times i tagged, so we will ddeffinitely try to encourage more people to join tags.

To Jazz and Duca: I am really sorry that it ends up like this with no link a no way to get your people to us. More so because you are amazing people and commanders and i really enjoy playing with you. I am still hoping that Anet will change their minds about the whole thing and find a solution. Our hearts are with you.

Let see what happen by next week or during summer . I will continue for what it is possible to push and speak up. In the mean time, as Jazz says carry on the fight and try to do our best and face the challenge.

2 minutes ago, Keennan said:

Well written. We will not convince every "greenie" to join tags, but we can at least try to convince more of them. I am one of the commanders falling to the line "not the best one" (still at the start of learning), but have some fine and helpful players with me most of the times i tagged, so we will ddeffinitely try to encourage more people to join tags.

To Jazz and Duca: I am really sorry that it ends up like this with no link a no way to get your people to us. More so because you are amazing people and commanders and i really enjoy playing with you. I am still hoping that Anet will change their minds about the whole thing and find a solution. Our hearts are with you.

Keenan , thanks a lot of your kind words , we are alive :-) :-) . By the way we fight for Piken and other server like Kodash because to be closed and do not have even 48h of window that would allow to join your guild is a real nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Keennan said:

I think the green pugs thing was to point out that there's a large percentage of greens who are in dedicated WvW guilds who act all brain afk and don't stay on tag/push with tag/run away from hard fights due to [insert personal reason]. The "greenies" who are blamed for being dead weight are often following examples shown to them by "skilled" players. Let's be real, if you follow an unpopular commander who says "push!" And 10 ppl scatter and jump out of an objective, will you still push with commander? Most of the time not, and I see it more the later it gets. I agree with the sentiment Chimpz had a couple of days ago... We (the coordinated and knowledgeable WvW base) should be more involved with demonstrating what to do and what not to do. Otherwise, we will be a blob of puggles until a guild raid goes, and the WvW skilled players will brain afk in public zerg instead of acting like public zerg is the chance to show Piken's full flavored community... 

In conclusion, either we treat every tag like they deserve to be a good commander, or we bail on tags we're unsure about/dislike forever to avoid giving the wrong idea to uncoordinated/no ts using/new puggles.

Thanks for consideration

Answer received by the support team. It's the same Jazz got few days ago :

GM Onesimus

Hey .......... 

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your own, as well as your server's, concerns about the current state of their WvW experiences. While we at support are unable to truly do anything in regards to this matter, we have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through the official forums. We ask and encourage you and your server to post your concerns in our forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

I am certain that there are many other players that share your concerns about this matter, so posting on the forums will get the conversation started and allow the dev team to see how it impacts everyone. 

I do apologize that we were unable to truly assist in this matter, but I do hope that you see a change soon. 

Thank you for your time. 

Regards,

GM Onesimus
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Hi and thank you Duca and Ducky. Nice post on reddit. I added to it. Please get over there, upvote Duca, Ducky and Coffee and downvote Etheri (he's just promoting his salt mine, like always).

Pikeneer here, so maybe a bit biased, but trying to be objective.

First of all, Kodash is getting hit hard by this. A couple of months ago they had good coverage and a nice prime time blob. At the moment they have neither. WSR even made their eb keep t3 this morning. No way Kodash can or should be a full server. Piken has more coverage, with some Oceanic/Aussi guilds, but come prime time we are heavily outnumberd, both in quality and quantity.

Now the bandwagoners have left Piken, we're down to our community commanders, who are doing the best working with the material they've got. Since I don't play/tag during prime time that works entirely fine for me, I can play with my friends and fight other groups, win some, lose some.

I do notice that locking servers and denying them a link makes it impossible for a lot of people to be unable to play with their friends or guildies. 'Transfer to another server', some say. That costs gold/gems and you have the risk your returning players get locked out when a bandwagon happens. Furthermore it disrupts the entire WvW population, causing shockwaves affecting all servers (prime example Vabbi going from t5 tot t1 to t5 again, creating bad matchups all over or RTK leaving BB for UW, making UW a strong off prime server and weakening BB, so one guild have a big effect).

My recommendations for Anet:

Make alliances your prime objective for WvW. We don't need a 'core swap' or whatever event. We need an overhaul to WvW server mechanics.

Be transparent in the way you build up those alliances, like you should be (have been) transparent in the criteria for determining the server status. Ask feedback from communities and guilds. Of course certain groups will game those criteria, but you can always adjust.

Having unlimited server transfers encouraged people/guilds to transfer often, resulting in bandwagoning. That's a nice money grab, but weakens the community building and results in players quitting sooner. If alliances are far off (and I guess they still are), you should consider to give the servers a temporary fix (if technically possible).

And most of all... communicate. Locking the topic on the official forums... sigh... We all want a thriving WvW community (well I hope so) and for this we need to work together, players, Anet, communities, guilds, bandwagoners, ...

@Matthéo got me right.
I had friends on link as well and I can understand your effort into getting your guildies back.
Truth is we probably have enough wvw play hours to be considered full. We may just have more coverage during off peak time and we suffer during prime time when most server have a blob.
Chances they will open the server to make you happy are close to 0 but a try is always worth it.
I just wish all those guild leaders putting their strengths together into this or in those weekly meetings, could put same effort into "educating" their people and be an example for the server.
That time of "if you don't like a commander you can go follow another in a different map" is GONE (long ago).
We have enough people to have at least a full squad in prime time. We don't need a rainbow of tag in a map. Not in prime time. We can't afford more than a tag atm.
How many times do you write in your guild chat "hey, XXYY is tagging, let's go carry him" . Most of the time I bet it's: "we don't like him...let's go closed do our own stuff".
But again just my thoughts. The majority of people here just care to end up first in the mu.

15 minutes ago, Francesca said:

@Matthéo got me right.
I had friends on link as well and I can understand your effort into getting your guildies back.
Truth is we probably have enough wvw play hours to be considered full. We may just have more coverage during off peak time and we suffer during prime time when most server have a blob.
Chances they will open the server to make you happy are close to 0 but a try is always worth it.
I just wish all those guild leaders putting their strengths together into this or in those weekly meetings, could put same effort into "educating" their people and be an example for the server.
That time of "if you don't like a commander you can go follow another in a different map" is GONE (long ago).
We have enough people to have at least a full squad in prime time. We don't need a rainbow of tag in a map. Not in prime time. We can't afford more than a tag atm.
How many times do you write in your guild chat "hey, XXYY is tagging, let's go carry him" . Most of the time I bet it's: "we don't like him...let's go closed do our own stuff".
But again just my thoughts. The majority of people here just care to end up first in the mu.

I fully agree Francesca , may be we should discuss at least during summer period to join most of the Tag if possible during prime time.

15 hours ago, Brio said:

So errm are you an officer in PTSG?

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

So errm are you an officer in PTSG?

I am guildleader of PTSD.

Ah darn I got the guild letters mixed up with PSTG and PTSD... 

9 hours ago, Francesca said:

@Matthéo got me right.

Well you are right in most things. Like during the prime times, it is often like 2-3 smaller closed tags on one map fighting one big blob. And it is quite hard to coordinate 3 tags. But yea, at the same time, you have mostly only 1 open tag online during prime times (not counting reset night) and sometimes you dont have event that one open. But i still understand the guild wants to run guild raids few times a week, wanted to coordinate with their build, with their guildmates. So i dont think it is possible to get people from closed tags together to one tag that would fight enemy blobs. So i think we could encourage people that are doing closed tags just because they dont want to follow current open tag commander, but i do not think it is to many cases. Mostly the tags i see are actually guild raids. So if we want to get more people to open tags we have two sources - encourage guild members to join open tags when we do not have guild raids even if it is commanding someone not so popular in the guild (which was already suggested few times before) and continue to convince the "greenies" running around tags to join TS and open tag. But not with just saying join the tag and TS. They need to see the benefits, so advertise the bonuses (less death, more kills, more lootbags, more xp, more fun, quicker learning to proper play your class)

For example we as a guild have guild raids 2 times a week for 2 hours, but other than that we are mostly joining other open tags or we are open to join other tags on the border for greater good, like with Duca few days ago. He was running open on border with like 7 people, I had guild tag with 7-8 people, so we all agreed that we disband our group and join duca and it was really fun :-) Even tho we still loose some fights cause of still low numbers we had a great time and was nice night :-)

Posted (edited)

She wasn't implying that guilds should stop their guilds raids and join open tag, but that when there's an open tag everyone should join the tag if they are following the tag, and that it's players from raiding guilds that should carry open tag and not pugs.

Edited by Coffeemite

Thanks for correcting me :-) In that case there is nothing to disagree with :-) Yea, if people are members of WvW guild and they are running in WvW with open tag, they should join it and go as an example for others.

Posted (edited)

I feel your pain on the server for this matter as I am trying to get into piken and have the pain from the outside. I have watched all other servers open up and waited for the relink to join the linked server. No link yikes. All other servers being open recently and getting massive boosts from it.. yikes. It does seem very unfair for piken and I am not just saying this because I am waiting to move.. you have lost 4 places through no fault of your own and are having to work overtime against the matchups for the next 2 months. This whole situation is very sour.

I am still stuck on N/A server Sanctum of Rall

Edited by Brutal Jackson

Has there been a update to this or was it given up on?

After all those actions , Piken it was open for nearly two weeks so we have been able to get some of our guild members back. Now, since two weeks it is full again.

Concerns about how is calculate from Piken the population remain but at least as short term with the server opening we could be able to recover.