J A Z Z

What is your Guild up to?

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is a post i made in reply to an Old post I found in the Guild Leaders section of the forum, the post itself by DOAS (FTW) which was a really good one just over a year ago.

I thought i'd copy and paste it here to possibly initialise a debate for the server meeting.

Posted yesterday at 12:36 · Report post

An old post, but a good post. (only just seen/read it)

FTW i see about as a group on Weekends, do you guys run midweek raids?

Chao - i see a couple of times a week, which is nice.

Hvoc - Haven't seen that guild tag about, did they move off server?

ICE defo moved off server and either with WSR or their current link.

The server seems to have lots of little groups about where i see 2 or 3 people with the same guild tag often, It would be really nice to see them merge and populate 1 or 2 Piken guilds, that can then put out another guild raid group or two, maybe two or three times per week. This would really strengthen the server and be a good way to educate the pugs making them feel part of something with a purpose and a structure.

PSTG pings off recruit banners often, not sure how that's doing or what its ultimate objective is in terms of actual raid or ongoing basic training (i got told it had just over 40ppl in it appx a week ago)

KISS have decent numbers, ODIN maintains its 75max membership, ARMA have decent numbers. Nuke are always upto secret mischievous stuff.

Then you got guilds like Blub, CMON, EXE, GODS, JD, KNOT, Loli, MI, RUN, ScS (There are others listed on the Ts but never see the tags about ever, PS exception)  But it would be really good for the server if we could see some of these peeps merging and one of the above becoming a regular raiding group for the server. There are commanders in some of these guilds and they could get together to make it work.

Food for thought.

ps. sorry if i missed any active guilds or low populated guilds.

Edited by J A Z Z

MI runs raids on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, either runs an open tag on reset or a closed guild raid and hosts the coffee raids on Sunday mornings.

How Many people do MI field for raids Imrhien?

FTW does guild missions on wednesday. We raid on sunday noon. (australian evening). Orval does the morning raid in the weekend. Our guild raid has around 15ppl.

PSTG raids 2x week. Days are being decided atm. Raids pull 10-15 ppl, but numbers are rising. General idea is to be hub of information. With mentors for each class.

Loli does sporadic gank squads. We pull 5-10 ppl. We become more coherent when our mighty leader HCMPro goes no-life mode.

HvoC is mask.
ScS is ScS.

Cmon still hosts the fiesta raid. I miss krall (kinda)

No real info on any others.

ARMA does Raids every tuesday and thursday starting from 21,30 and we are between 25 to 30 players at these events.

During the week we support the server with scouts , Tag and following the Blue Tag or other guilds Tag like Odin or Kiss.

Posted (edited)

What Sola said. During prime time we raid Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (+morning) and roaming (small scale) on Thursdays and been doing it the last few years. We usually got around 20 people +- a few.  
Think we just got different raiding days because haven't seen an ODIN tag either until the other day so assumed you were a off peak guild or eb focused. Should point out I rarely play outside of guild raids though. 

If you by Jd mean Jam Death they were on Fissure of Woe. There's also Jade Reaper I think.

I assume the guilds that run with smaller numbers want to do that or got a certain guild culture they want to stick by. 

Edited by Yzzo

And isn't there also Jeanne d'ark? 

Harmonizer plays Minion Masters.

Grugnug is losing votes, hair and sanity to Labour's ambivalent Brexit position.

Butch is somewhere in Sweden being taught how to hunt moose by Alena.

Caleb laughs at me through Steam or Discord when he sees me playing GW2.

A few weeks ago we had 3 KA players online at the same time though, which has to be a record for the past couple years. :P

ScS is as the name says mostly dedicated to scouting/roaming. We do like to support the server in our way and join public tags to help out where we can. We don't raid as a lot of us don't) can't play on fixed hours, making organisation a tad difficult (hours/scouting-roaming vs raid).

As we're not 100% rep req, most of our members are in other guilds as well for raiding/havoc, ... So we've already been assimilated by Borg in a way ^^

Blub are mostly roaming and havoc oriented but raid nearly everyday.

I think Piken has a lot of great players, a lot spread out over various guilds that have a great activity, but guilds aswell which activity amongst the leaders might be under the required standard of a dedicated WvW guild. It would be great if those people would get together under one banner. 

One guild I think we could use aswell, and this comes from what I read from Chimpz in the chat, is a "Night's Watch". Because the last few weeks, the night has been dark and full of terrors.
No for real, facing Underworld was the past few days (I didn't check this morning) the same shit. They have mexicans online, flipping all T3 shit everywhere and we have to build up from the beginning in the morning. No waypoints, no tactics and others things are missing that are quite valuable.

I hope someone who is active often during the nights feels that he/she can be the one that bonds the people of the night together, under one banner. If Chimpz is right (which I believe) and we are losing numbers during the night, our mornings might be quite a lot like we face now. 

Futhermore, if someone feels that he/she has a heart for Piken, and is looking for a hardcore'ish guild: drop me a message. I might be able to bring you in touch with someone who is starting something up slowly.

I think Piken has a great community overall. I think we all agree on that. Piken has some flaws, but we have to be persistent in trying to improve it. Keep on advertising TS, keep on advertising the right classes. I see people asking for verifications, I see people asking for builds. I made a call a few weeks ago to don't let the "It's piken what you gotta do" argument slip in. It's not necessary at all, and I still believe that.

Last, thanks to all the guilds we have currently. You guys are great, all in your own way.

Great post Exo, I do agree fully with you.

Regarding the Night Watch Commander having inside one of our guild a member that for business reasons works in Asia, he has been interested in doing Commander in the night-time.

We trained him and now he is ready. I will do a post about later today and I hope he will get support and people following him.

Let work all together to improve this great community.

Posted (edited)

Yes, there are still new ppl streaming in to wvw at night. But the pugs dont know how to use sieges, the sieges spots. Or their potential. Nor do most ppl realize that u can only defend coordinated.

Example:

Take Eb keep at the match we have right now!

Inner can be defended by trebs frol jerri, mortar or trebs from Aldon. But Jerri for sure for its clear view on inner gate!

The roof of Eb keep needs like 2 acs always handy for gate and lord defense!

Turn mortars at walls to inner if a blob enters and breaks outer. Ofc thats all not always possible.

Often with 2 or 3 ppl in a party u can instantly build a ballista and shoot sneaky...gens away!

Steal with trebs from jerri a lot of supply away with cows so enemy cant build. etc etc

Universal ppl defend automatically very frontal...but take alpine bl Bay..you often can from behind at other side of water aim with ballistas at the rams or gens at gate.

So try sometimes a creative approach!

Siege disablers are holy and so handy!

As last....what almost always is forgotten at a fight....When there are enough sups....Is to buy time...by repairing walls or gates of the inner of any Keep (as long as the enemy is not yet at lord ofc), so ppl with sieges can take out enemy sieges.

When a blob enters lord and inner is broken and caps a keep....that supply is lost anyway!!!

And when possible (not always is) put acs (when there is still enough sups) outside of a gate that aims at lord. Like at inner Alpine Bay!

That helps loads!

As last....place a sneaky cat for fast recap or have some omegas with 2 mesmers for porting for fast flipping back stuff.

Well there is more..but the pugs need to be learned these basic defending things :)

And dont close at towers wall when blob is in cause then they choke the entrance ^^

At Eb keep thats now also bad.....enemy will choke then entrance with scourges. The 2 ppl at roof using acs when Eb wall breaks are even harder to be reached by enemies if the wall is down. So dont create choke points....lots of pugs close auto always all walls.

Such knowledge is now at night totally disappearing!!

Edited by Chimpz