Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Pope of Dope

5/3/19 balance patch theorycraft

6 posts in this topic

Hej 

I am uncertain how the cats influence the meta atm. Let's discuss some other changes involving blob builds.

- Haven't tested the new scourge shroud. Seems strong, but you need good timing. Any thoughts?
- Bubble seems depended on how hard enemy focusses you. If you stay in your melee group, close to stab and resistance, they shouldn't be able to interrupt your bubble. Any decent enemy will punish deep bubbles, so not worth to go yolo anymore imo.
- Minstrell scrapper this seems rly strong, the superspeed is more frequent now. You don't have to use blast gyro anymore for it.
- Minstrell tempest is basically the old auramancer with the new shout trait. 'Stop, drop and roll', Stone heart and Gale song are traits that are also decent.
- Scrapper has more healing/s, more cleanse and plenty of superspeed. Tempest has aura's, decent cc and plenty of blasts. Thoughts?
- API is not updated! check ingame or patch notes for accurate trait description.

3 hours ago, The Pope of Dope said:

If you stay in your melee group, close to stab and resistance, they shouldn't be able to interrupt your bubble.

If your stab gets corrupted it changes to fear and interrupts your bubble if your resistance is also stripped. Group support can help a bit, but honestly the amount of corrupts that a good group will throw at you will be too much for group buffs to protect you when skills like devouring darkness are in the game. The way I see it, if you ever get a full channel off it's because A: Enemy necros failed at their job, B: Your bubble was in a non threatening position they decided they didn't even need to worry about it, or C: Your bubble was so late it came after you were already winning the fight without it.

Where it gets interesting is that enemies can't see your bubble now when you stealth, so you can switch off Loss Aversion trait, stealth and just run and bubble without them even seeing it.

That is interesting. Also remember that your trait prevents one interrupt. What would you run then on warrior? banners? Or use the stealth bubble tactic, scrappers have reveal if they take sneak gyro...

Yes the trait in defense could prevent one interrupt when it auto procs the stab. Like with the group support it helps a little, but probably only buys you a tiny bit of extra channel time before you just get corrupted again, such is the quantity of spam in the game these days. It's also hard to rely on that trait not being procced by some random rev hammer or static field before you engage. It'll still be worth testing once the mount unlock rush has died down, and I hope I'm being overly negative.

I see many groups using the stealth bubbles until that gets changed, especially as the new stealth gyro gives you tons of stealth if you stand in it for a few seconds. If you're not stealthing I see more potential to swing a difficult fight with the banner.

Difficult to tell until we get proper group fights, but yeah, the bubble change feels a lot like the end of an era. Getting the bubble up in the right place at the right time was fun. Popping it to carefully advance while staying out of cc, meh. And it just doesn't feel right to have to play it that safe as a warrior. With quicker pulses, the bubble will still have a point in semi-instant boon ripping mid-fight, but it'll likely be gone immediately after. Still a useful tool, but the days of it shaping blob movements seem gone.

Not quite sure about Battle Standard. It has potential for snowballing an advantage, but the finisher radius is only 180 so it might take a good few coordinated banners to really swing a fight.

Then of course, there's the kittens, but we won't know where we stand until a few weeks of nerfs have gone through. Right now, it's probably a good idea to keep a few kittens out of combat to pounce and finish the downed as they appear. Wonder if there isn't a niche there for thieves/mesmers to pounce with kitten skill 1, stealth/port out of combat asap and remount for the next pounce. A single party working this way could be enough to get all the quick finishers in the world.

Posted (edited)

Spellbreaker+Scrapper combo can be abused beyond believe. If the spellbreaker is stealthed, their bubble isn't visible, so enemies just start losing boons and not get any without any idea. Stealth Gyro + Bulwark for Stability&Damage reduction&Projectile null + one (or more, heck, gyro has 5 ppl cap) coordinated spellbreaker(s) is all it takes.

Edited by Bambi

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

• Recent Status Updates

• 🎁 Raedwulf  »  👀 ducadiebonhawke

What am I, a chair to be re-upholstered?! :o I thank you for your kind words, but no, I can't be "recovered". I've never been a part of forum Piken & what I've seen of it this last week or two is... poisonous. And wouldn't I look a complete twit if I came back in whatever capacity. Nah. The forum has always done, well, whatever it's done without me, and the meeting... Can be whatever it wants to be & good luck to any who care to board that ship-that-might-well-sink! But thank you for thinking kindly of me. I can't remember who said it, but someone said words to the effect of "Dukey stepping down was an excuse to..." I don't know if you're a football fan, but I think I know how Moyes felt following Fergie at Man Utd!
      Regards,
      R
      · 2 replies
    • 🎁 Raedwulf  »  🦄 Chris

My apologies. You're obviously not the same Chris (Kiwi = NZer). He infected meeting after meeting, week after week, demanding (in his whiny Kiwi blocked nostril voice) that guilds should be given special privileges (for GvG fights). Particularly at reset, but also seemingly wanting it every day of the week. Without ever offering a damn thing to Piken. Oddly enough, he disappeared after I (politely!) challenged him in one meeting, but I think that was because he belonged to the link server & we changed link a week or two afterward. I claim no credit!

But where I do claim a little credit... I did say "If..." Wherever your first answer to me was, it was an unfortunate coincidence of name & your tone was sufficiently like... that it put me in mind of... I'm apologising now & since this is private, I'm not doing so for public "glory / ego" or whatever. And the reluctant thing  that was one bit you rather sneered at? Turned out I meant it, eh?  
      Regards,
      R
      · 0 replies
    • 🎁 Bina Artz  »  ☹ Agro Warcaller

Please do not leave - there are obviously diverse opinions here - but yours is still valid for a good number of silent people

· 0 replies
    • 🎁 Bobbles  »  ☹ Krall

sorry Krall,
      https://www.facebook.com/BeKindToNerds/photos/a.505163136207162/2129641473759312/?type=3&theater

· 1 reply
    • 🎁 Bina Artz  »  🦄 Rose

Yay - found you! No idea what sort of picture - well ... something where we look sort of threatening and fierce and like Bruvs from criminal class/ inner city - Kray Brothers comes to mind. When I am looking normal I get attacked bu solo players (and die ofc). When I am Bruv, solo players run away from me! Think it is a bit like being a snowball or a ... damn, those cute fat things with short arms. no one attacks them! And Svarty is always trying to keep me alive - he is sooo nice! I will have a chat with him and see if he has any ideas, hugs
      · 2 replies