Victimizer

Hoe have you been?

22 posts in this topic

Dear all,

It has been a few years since I left you all. The game had taken over most of my real life in those days and since then I left my PC to ruins. By now I couldย not resist (missing you all dearly FFS!) To login and take a peek... I hope you will understand that my abrupt leaving was pure self preservation and had nothing to so with Piken, only fond memories about you all.

ย 

How have you all been? Piken still ย alive and kicking ass? I dearly hope PS is still in there making game fun!ย 

Cheers

ย 

Vic

Hey Vic,

nice to see you, yeah PS is still up and kicking. just playing for fun :) .

Hi Mocambo!

Gr8 to see you are still there. Is the population in game and on Piken still big enough to have large scale action and are there still many GvG guilds around?

ย 

Piken still have population, though I doubt you will find any proper GvG guild here (if any still exists).
Anyway perfect time to come back as the server could really use some charismatic leader. No pressure :P

Vic! Omg yes, please come back, we are in desperate need for a good fighting commander (I mean more).ย 

Yes Ps is good, blobs and full squads still possible. Meta has changed but the ppl are still too scared to stick to commander.ย 

Gvg guilds mostly moved to RoS after we stopped being linked with them. Also Dogg left with Bob, which is sad so we need a new voice.ย 

Welcome back.ย 

welcome back vic! sooner or later they all return ;) good to have you back m8ย 

3 hours ago, Victimizer said:

Hi Mocambo!

Gr8 to see you are still there. Is the population in game and on Piken still big enough to have large scale action and are there still many GvG guilds around?

ย 

yes Piken has a high population and we're going T1 in the next matchup; numbers are very relative, they depends mostly on the presence of a commander Tag in the border; globally ( on a week base) the amount of people in the game is lower then before which means mostly of big fights occurs during the weekends ( Friday, Saturday and Sunday ), in such situations there is an amount of not wvw-veterans thats joins the warfare to collect wvw pips.

We have small queues and moving to borders is generally not a big issue; i usually put a tag to have people interested and running for a couple of hours; the action lower down during the week so I don't need to run deeper into the night.

Some guilds moved to different servers, and some guilds moved to Piken; we still have MI(Monkeys and the karaoke), CMON(Azizi and friends), ARMA(Pizza!!), HI(friends from blacktide) and more; we had a good run with gcef on Piken(i'm not sure if they moved to RoS or they just on a break), and latety we had KISS guild moving to Piken from Gunnar's Hold, and the ODIN guild joining as well.

We do have enemies, threats and challenges; mostly of the big fights occurs in EB and the points are based on PPT + PPK where the latter(kills) does have a significant impact.

Moka.

Great to see you are all here! Sounds tempting to jump in again. Will first have to fix my pc and download a million updates or so (and findย my gw2 login ahhhhhhhh). Look forward to speak with you all again in TS and have ย fun in game. Will dust off the music bot ;-) ย Might take a bit of time before I am in game tho.

ย 

On a side note: I will be rustyย  as h3ll for sure. Can't even remember most tower or skill names right now and have not kept up with game changes in years. So I will desperately need help and advice. Also, I will need to keep check that I won't make the same mistake that I made before: keeping game / real-life balanced - I.o.w. only casual gaming ^^

<3

ย 

ย 

you will catch up in no time vic dw. i had a 2 years break aswell and it was easy peasy getting back in. we do have a nice commander coverage atm on evenings and even nights and mornings so it shoudlnt be a problem for you to just play casual. Hotcatz is doing a nice job with PS and we have many friendly new faces around between all of us old fucks still being here haha. you probably know that, but if you need any help , feel free to contact me !

Just study the current roles of each class. For example guardians provide mostly stability and heals while revenants keep up all the necessary boons and give them such as. With enough revenants you won't need to empower and with tome 2 on Firebrand you won't find anyone blasting waterfields anymore. Which is a good thing because remember how hard it is for piken to control their combos?ย 

Warriors are basically bubble bots, about 4 per squad is good. Necros as usual do most of the damage along with the revenant hammer and elementalists (which are now less important in the meta since they are only meteorbots). Mesmers are boon share and veil bots.ย 

Also in two years condi have become much stronger, so to "balance" that anet made a new boon called resistance which makes you immune to any conditions you already have. Anet likes to switch up between power and condi, so keep up with patch notes

Thanks for the great summary Dione. Cant remember issues with blasting though... *whistles*

Well bomb galore it is then :-)ย  Do casters understand their positions in fights mostly? Do leaps generally still work or nerfed?ย 

Forgot to ask, PPT and PPK system changed in the meanwhile? Noticed you mentioned some obscure wvw points players can collect? Is the commander tag colour code still in place at Liken and are scouts still around?

Edited by Victimizer
Typo and extra questions

Scouts are still strong. We have scouting /ppt guilds that are feared by our enemies.ย 

Blue tag open, yellow tag closed guild. Purple for scouts (sometimes) red for havoc. Other colours are of course available for any of these previous purposes.

Ppk awards 1 point per player kill and 2 points of you have ruins.ย 

Ppt now uses skirmishes which is two hour slots and whoever wins the skirmish gets 5 points, the second place gets 4 and third gets 3 points.ย 

One tick is 5 minutes not 15. One skirmish has 24 ticks. This makes defending a bit more important.ย 

Objectives don't use manual upgrades with supplies. Instead it relies on how many dolyaks successfully entered the objective. So protecting dolyaks have become more important.ย 

Objectives also give more points the more they are upgraded. Defense on piken is something to be proud of nowadays.ย 

Also there are reward tracks, like in pvp, that you can get through pips from participating in wvw. So actual rewards from being in wvw! No need to play pve to unlock skins.ย 

Awesome! Thanks. Got my login again, now just figure out if my SSD or mobo is dying

1 hour ago, Victimizer said:

Awesome! Thanks. Got my login again, now just figure out if my SSD or mobo is dying

some SSD may have issues retaining data after a long period without being powered. (I don't have feedback on such case but i would try to run an antivirus scan just to trigger the SSD trimmer to look at the files, or you could try an optimization of the drive which is not a fragmention optimization for windows 10)

maybe your OS is upgrading and if you have an HDD you should check if its activity is not pushing up to 90% or more.(mainly is caused by upgrades or optimization tasks if you have .NET installed)

sometimes troubles are caused by the sata cables, in such cases if you got some extra cables just swap them. (system powered off and discharged)

the OS can be easily migrated to another SSD/HDD with Macrium Reflect, it does give you the tool to make a ghost backup as well.

if you think its a mobo related issue, try to have a look at the system time on the Bios, if it uses an old date can cause issues with windows even before the clock will sync throught internet.

Edited by Mocambo

2 hours ago, Victimizer said:

Thanks for the great summary Dione. Cant remember issues with blasting though... *whistles*

Well bomb galore it is then :-)ย  Do casters understand their positions in fights mostly? Do leaps generally still work or nerfed?ย 

there was a time where leaping was a 100% suicide, the game got several patches and leaping now is possible with precautions.( enemy went in cooldown :) )

Thanks for the tips. I flashed firmware from version 009 to 070. Stable so far haha

Hi Vic,

Welcome back, soย glad to see you back, we all missed youย 

ย 

Happy my PC worked. Was real fun tonight!

Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!

Hahaย  Hi Nilin!!!!!!!! How are ya?

I'm splendid. Glad you're back. Warm fuzzy feels.