Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brio

Lag issues & Solutions Part 2

5 posts in this topic

Other tweaks I have done in windows 10, besides

You must be running as an administrator

Remove Weather and all moving/blinking stuff from Startmenu
Disable OneDrive
Uninstall Windows Media Player - I recommend VLC

You can't turn off the telemetry feature completely, but you can choose to send only a limited amount of data on your Windows 10 usage.
To do so, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Feedback and change the setting under the Diagnostic Data heading from Full to Basic.

Regedit:
Press Windows + R keys to open Run command Window.
On the Run command Window, type regedit and click on the OK button.
In the UAC popup, press YES
For safety: Backup the registry before making changes by clicking at the top left 'Archive' -> 'Export'.
Store it in root of C, name it 'backup before gw2 tweaks' or similar

Disable telemetry
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection.
In the right panel, right click in an empty space and go to New, select DWORD value (32-bit). Name it AllowTelemetry.
Double click on the AllowTelemetry and set the value to 0 and click on Ok.

Turn off Xbox DVR

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
Create key "GameDVR".
Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm
Right-click Start REG_DWORD in the right-side pane of the window.
Click Modify
Type 4. The default is 3.
Click OK.

Services
Press Windows + R keys to open Run command Window.
On the Run command Window, type services.msc and click on the OK button.

Backup the list before making changes by right-clicking at the top left 'Services (Local)' -> 'Export List'.

In the Services window, scroll down and double-click on Connected User Experiences and Telemetry.
Stop it, in General tab: change Startup type to 'Disabled'.
In Recovery tab: change all three conditions to 'Take no action'

Now, locate dmwappushsvc service and double click on it.
Stop it, in General tab: change Startup type to 'Disabled'.
In Recovery tab: change all three conditions to 'Take no action'

Now find all the services involving Xbox, right-click each one and do the following:

General tab: change Startup type to 'Disabled'

Recovery tab: change all three conditions to 'Take no action'

Feel free, with caution, to do this for any other unwanted app eg., wallet, maps, fax/printer, cloud and/or updating services for Razer/Adobe/Skype

Now, let’s take a look at which services you can manually disable safely (if they exist).

AllJoyn Router Service: This service is used for routing the AllJoyn messages for AllJoyn clients.

Bluetooth Support Service: This service is in charge of discovering and working with Bluetooth devices. Turning it off is safe if your computer doesn’t have a Bluetooth module.

Geolocation Service: This service is responsible for monitoring the current location of your system.

Phone Service: This service manages the telephony state on the computer.

Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service: This service handles touch keyboard and handwriting panel pen and ink functionality.

Windows Biometric Service: This service is responsible for capturing and storing biometric data without gaining access to the biometric hardware.

Windows Mobile Hotspot Service: This service enables a user to share cellular data with other devices.

Adobe Acrobat Update Service: This service manages the updates of all Adobe Acrobat applications.

Downloaded Maps Manager: This service allows different installed applications to have access to the downloaded maps.

Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service: This service collects real-time ETW events from Internet Explorer and processes them.

Print Spooler: This service handles the interaction between the printer and the computer. Disabling it will disable the ability to print.

Skype Updater: This service helps download and install the latest Skype updates.

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: This service lets the user share Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players or music devices.

Auto Time Zone Update: This service works in order to update the time zone automatically.

Bluetooth Handsfree Service: This service handles the computer’s connection with Bluetooth headsets.

Enterprise App Management Service: This service is responsible for  managing various enterprise apps.

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service: This service is used for monitoring the state of a virtual machine by sending heartbeats at regular intervals.

After you complete a Windows 10 upgrade, the first thing you should do is go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for updates. Install any available updates, including updated drivers.

Next, on the Windows Update page in Settings, click Change active hours to specify your normal work hours (a window of up to 18 hours), when you don't want to be interrupted by updates.

Restart your computer.

All above can be subject to change after an update of your Windows (you have to redo it).
Most likely something will be added after the big update of Windows soon to come.

I will get to Focus Assistant later on and a few other tweaks I have made.

Edit 1 (quick):
Win update - Advanced options - All off
Delivery Optimization (not sure it is named that) - OFF
Privacy - All off

Focus: Off
Storage Sense: Off

Edit2: Testing to disable OneSyncSvc

I forgot 1 service of XBox (and faster way to do it, I update later on to give you less writing to do)
Start cmd as admin, paste below code, press enter
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
sc config XblAuthManager start= disabled
sc config XblGameSave start= disabled
sc config XboxGipSvc start= disabled
sc config XboxNetApiSvc start= disabled

Edit 2018 3 October, 16:55  Bolded a few things so people perhaps read them

New stuff with Windows 10 version 1809 as far as I have noticed
Focus assist

Focus assist will now enable automatically when you’re playing any full screen game.
This behavior should be enabled automatically, but you can always check on Settings > System > Focus assist and ensuring the “When I’m playing a game” option automatic rule is turned on

Clipboard

In the “System” section, you’ll notice a new Clipboard page that houses all the settings to customize the new clipboard experience. Using this page, you can enable or disable the cloud-powered clipboard (Windows key + V), but you’ll continue to have a clipboard functionality just like before. Also, in this page, you can enable or disable the ability to sync your clipboard content to the cloud to be available across devices.
This I will ofc turn off

Typing - I will set this to Off,

Captures
In the “Gaming” section, you won’t find a lot of visual changes, but the Game DVR now has been renamed to Captures.
I will check out what it will have for impact on the other tweaks, if they are obsolete and/or if I have to add more

Talk to Cortana
In the Talk to Cortana page, you can now change the name that Cortana uses to call you. (This option was previously available in the Cortana experience settings.)

Speech
While in the Speech page, you won’t find new features, but now, this is the place to turn Online speech recognition on or off.

Edit: I noticed OneSyncSrv is back due to the version-change

Interesting and good information. I would however strongly advice against poking around in the registry if people do not know what you are doing. Even if you are using a guide you can make mistakes and mistakes in there can do quite a bit and take quite some time and effort to actually track down and fix, especially if people don't know how it works. 

5 hours ago, Krall said:

Interesting and good information. I would however strongly advice against poking around in the registry if people do not know what you are doing. Even if you are using a guide you can make mistakes and mistakes in there can do quite a bit and take quite some time and effort to actually track down and fix, especially if people don't know how it works. 

Backup. Mentioned 2 times. Now bolded and a bit bigger fontsize. Thanks for input

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors

• Recent Status Updates

• 🎁 uglynakedguy

Was planning on getting back in game, but my builds are obsolete...
      · 0 replies
    • 🎁 Drifty  »  🦄 Rose

Hi Rose,
      I have sorted 2 images, I like the battle pose (image 2), but if it's possible can you adjust my ears so they are down (image 1)
      Image 1 
      https://imgur.com/CUPLuMR
      Image 2
      https://imgur.com/FsHaVqu
      Look forward to having an avatar for the forums and ts!!
      I'm really excited to see what you come up with, which by looking at your artwork will be impressive
      Thanking you in advance
      Drifty
      · 1 reply
    • 🎁 Raedwulf  »  🦔 ducadiebonhawke

What am I, a chair to be re-upholstered?! :o I thank you for your kind words, but no, I can't be "recovered". I've never been a part of forum Piken & what I've seen of it this last week or two is... poisonous. And wouldn't I look a complete twit if I came back in whatever capacity. Nah. The forum has always done, well, whatever it's done without me, and the meeting... Can be whatever it wants to be & good luck to any who care to board that ship-that-might-well-sink! But thank you for thinking kindly of me. I can't remember who said it, but someone said words to the effect of "Dukey stepping down was an excuse to..." I don't know if you're a football fan, but I think I know how Moyes felt following Fergie at Man Utd!
      Regards,
      R
      · 2 replies
    • 🎁 Raedwulf  »  🎁 Chris

My apologies. You're obviously not the same Chris (Kiwi = NZer). He infected meeting after meeting, week after week, demanding (in his whiny Kiwi blocked nostril voice) that guilds should be given special privileges (for GvG fights). Particularly at reset, but also seemingly wanting it every day of the week. Without ever offering a damn thing to Piken. Oddly enough, he disappeared after I (politely!) challenged him in one meeting, but I think that was because he belonged to the link server & we changed link a week or two afterward. I claim no credit!

But where I do claim a little credit... I did say "If..." Wherever your first answer to me was, it was an unfortunate coincidence of name & your tone was sufficiently like... that it put me in mind of... I'm apologising now & since this is private, I'm not doing so for public "glory / ego" or whatever. And the reluctant thing  that was one bit you rather sneered at? Turned out I meant it, eh?  
      Regards,
      R
      · 0 replies