Mask

Better builds for piken!

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys let's brain storm on how to fix this piken pug and build problem!

Piken has alot of strong carebears I mean look at me I'm the strongest!

But that said the ppl on the forum (for the most part) care about piken and would like it to succeed, so I propose that we make a post for the new meta builds and how they are played (best way to farm the gear) maybe even setting up days that well know wvw players *like myself* could set up a farming day for this year to advance the server. 

Much love

Mask

Quite easy to get some good builds, just have to take a look on the other resources:

Ez's builds: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1phzuqND5_rWfx9dqrU0KaCyukEzWg_icTrEM4GdehEY/edit#gid=224386340 | tinyurl.com/ezbuilds
Whatever your opinion about them, their builds are still solid. No discussion necessary about that.

Metabattle: https://metabattle.com/wiki/WvW
In the past these builds were quite bad, but as far as I know that has improved over the last year or so. So I think it's at least worth a look. Some of these builds might be more for the NA meta though, which can sometimes differ from the EU meta.

Jade Quarry's builds: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ltPEglXKfavaA3LkuQmHI3x99i4Xc-TcLL6uH_uzpE/edit#gid=0 | tinyurl.com/jqmilitia
These are the builds from the NA server Jade Quarry. I think there are some solid builds on here. These are of course more for the NA meta, but it never hurts to look it through.

I recommend just looking through these builds and judge for yourself which ones suite you more. Personally I'd just recommend to take a look into the Ez builds, seeing as most of the other servers will have pugs using these same builds. They are all made to be able to counter themselves.  Seeing as Ez considers this to be the meta and expects other servers to run the same.

If you really want to get a good discussion going on builds I'd say get people together on TS to discuss it, or maybe even on the PS Discord. That's usually easier for a quick discussion than doing it over a forum thread.

Edited by Relifed

Agree with Relifed on the builds.

As for helping people farm for gear:

• Core stat gear is usually not a problem for people as it's quite easily accessible.
  • Celestial gear is a huge pain as you need 5 Charged Quartzes for a single inscription/insignia and those are timegated. So that's 30 days for a full armor set plus another 10 for two weapons. If we want newer people to gear up, we might want to suggest a combination of gear that's easier to get while they have to wait for quartzes.
  • HoT stat insignias/inscriptions have to be bought for map currency, so doing one or two HoT runs and telling everyone to buy the insignias/inscriptions might be nice.  Also, HoT stat inscriptions are somewhat expensive. (Trailblazer is 30g apiece.)
  • For getting accessories, running berries is best. (And Ember Bay for the other trinket + some other map for an amulet.) Can't really help people with that.

What I wanted from This post is for the ppl on the forums to come up with good wats to share this info with the pugs of the server in a helpful way.

Well, everybody should be sharing the ez builds on TS and in team chat then. The sooner we get everyone to run these builds the better!

For the trinkets like @nanosystem suggested bitterfrost is the faster and easier map to farm trinkets.

I don't like ember bay, takes too long, so the bloodstone fen reward track is a good alternative since you can always reset the stats on the trinkets you get from this map.

Also for the amulet you can do once the lake doric reward track and then farm quite easy the rest of the shards on the actual map.

Better yet do the reward tracks while you play wvw. I basically did that for months and have stacks of each.

Edited by Dogg

I started with the Ez build for FB and have been changing and adapting it over the last couple of weeks - it's a great starting place, and it helps the comm know roughly what they're working with, though I would also recommend some adaptation for a public group as these builds are optimised for a specific mix of classes and numbers (i.e. a guild group), and won't suit everyone.  My final build is likely to be a little more tanky/selfish as I want it for tagging.

I was planning to start a thread just for FB once I got a bit closer to something I'm happy with to get discussion going, perhaps we should have one for every class?  

Currently I've taken off some minstrels and replaced with nomads trinkets, for more healing power and vitality.  My boons are getting corrupted and stripped long before running out, so I don't see the benefit of maxing boon duration atm.  In addition, against the vabbi group, boons are a liability as their boon corruption is unreal - if I get get caught in that with all my boons up I melt before I can hit Contemplation of Purity (or worse, it's in CD).  Condi cleanse/reapplication of boons feels as important, if not moreso, than duration.  The Ez build also doesn't seem to want quickness - which I love; you can trait FB to have it trigger on healing, swapping in and out of tomes, granting stab and aegis, and while it's running it adds +250 to toughness, HP and condi.  The uptime is nuts.  I highly recommend trying Mantra of Liberation, I never thought I'd let go of renewed focus, but it's pretty awesome and makes stab rotations (combined with f3 and SYG) irrelevant.  I'm still undecided over the heal, and on weapons, which aren't as relevant with FB imo.

There's also likely to be a few more changes incoming as Anet 'balances' (nerfs), so I wouldn't recommend anyone break the bank just yet for any build.

PoF has been a much bigger change than HoT was for me, I would love to get some discussion going with anyone who is also similarly trying different things (and I don't mean copy pasting builds from others :p), so please do feel free to poke me and share what you're learning.

Thanks for posting mask, good call :)

ps. Your actual point!  On sharing to pugs - I think commanders can do a lot of pointing people in the right direction while leading.  I also get /w about my build when/if people see I'm the last person standing, or I'm stuck to tag like glue or I'm generally playing well, so don't underestimate leading by example.

Edited by Silq

We already have an amazing weaver build on the forum so I think if we take a ez build and make it our own (change stuff around. IE armor stats and minor traits.) But the real challenge is to get ppl to actually want to swapp from their RP builds.

Making it as easy as possible is my goal so if we can make posts on our findings and then I will pull them together into a guide for pugs? 

Idk what do you guys and gals think?

As far as I know those are starter build, but I wouldn't encourage people to personalize them too much or they will lose their efficiency.
A specific mix of class is what we should aim to. If there's a party composition that is particulary good, commander is supposed to ask people to relog on lacking class if they have.
If the squad has not enough sustain/condi cleanse/dps or whatever, a "good" commander should ask people to run this or that skill/trait/stats.

I would also suggest to use dps meter as a personal instrument to improve. It helps you understand what you are doing right/wrong whether it is damage or heal/boon or whatever is your class required to provide to the squad.
If you use it the "right" way, it shows your class potential.
As a weaver, I look at damage and when I see people do way more damage than me I try to whisp for tips and keep an eye on them (how they position, what they run, etc..)
Same may be for any other classes.
Always look who's doing better and try to reach them.
If you are on top, don't blame who's below but try to understand why they are not doing good and help them do better.

^ simply this!

But I think, only a countable minority would do that ... sadly.

Allthough I´m not a real zerger, I think Masks effort is great and needed and I really hope it will work. But as stated somewheere else (I think) it´s not just about the build (even a not optimized build can do it´s job, if the player uses his brain), it´s (more) about the personal mindset and will. 

I think the main point is atleast getting the general population to look at these builds cause atm i suspect 75% of the eb etc flesh have spent zero time researching anything. If they change a trinket or 2 np... just get these people into 'something' thats not totally crap. 

When someone who has barely played ele / has unco fingers / but atleast researched a good build can be top 4 or 5 dps the 2nd time they play weaver, something is wrong....

Edited by Dogg

Agree Dogg! Why not setting up the builds and then spam mapchat with a link to our build-site?

like ...

'You die a lot, visit >insert link< and find a propper build for your class'

'faster pips? visit >insert link< for a propper build to farm the enemy and the pips'  :D:D

Hi all,

I want to add for Exotic gear you can get stat selectable (including owned expansion prefixes) armor chests from the following WvW reward tracks:

• Legacy Armor
  • Triumphant Armor
  • Crystal Desert

This can be used as a quick fix solution for decent amour prior to getting full ascended.

I think thats are great ideas! I'm happy to see everyone working towards the goal of improving the server. 

I will try to get something started on the forums as a place for the builds so easily linkable. 

Going to be a bit tho as my state lost power like 80% so rip.

builds.piken.eu still links to Freakshow's builds, so once you get some place up for them you might want to get that link redirected to that place.

Just relink to your post - job done :-)