Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Am The Freakshow

Official Piken Square server builds

58 posts in this topic

Ele Guide here there's nothing wrong with it other than its missing a melee tempest build, but someone else can do that, because I'd personally rather see Staff Eles in our blobs.

Nice, cheers Evil. I won't add that to the mix, since you made all of it, not gonna steal the glory :D

- should probably suggest some cheaper food/stones options as the food suggested in most of the builds is costing between 50s and 1g each for 30mins (i.e. most pugs arent going to pay that for blobbing).

- the concentration sigil costs approx 60g each atm, so again might want to suggest alternatives. I think thats kind of key to that build (in terms of boon duration) so if the boon duration is key then more wanderer might be required if you don't run that sigil. Or just accept there will be less boon duration which is probably ok for pug play.

- I agree the power reaper build here is overall better than the one I had previously which had a few specifics for my own play style (but it was better than no build at all which was the case previous)

You might want to get the build links in TS (top of list) updated, Hotcatz or another admin can help with that.

The builds and explanation are nicely done. The only thing is what Dogg said above, i doubt the pugs will bother with some expensive things needed, for those builds to be complete and shine. Other than that solid work. (Also why no ele build in there at all? just wondering.)

11 hours ago, Dogg said:

- should probably suggest some cheaper food/stones options as the food suggested in most of the builds is costing between 50s and 1g each for 30mins (i.e. most pugs arent going to pay that for blobbing).

- the concentration sigil costs approx 60g each atm, so again might want to suggest alternatives. I think thats kind of key to that build (in terms of boon duration) so if the boon duration is key then more wanderer might be required if you don't run that sigil. Or just accept there will be less boon duration which is probably ok for pug play.

- I agree the power reaper build here is overall better than the one I had previously which had a few specifics for my own play style (but it was better than no build at all which was the case previous)

You might want to get the build links in TS (top of list) updated, Hotcatz or another admin can help with that.

Let me quote you from the old thread:

On 2.4.2016 at 16:50, Dogg said:

As these are optimal builds, there may be some aspects (i.e. Runes) that will need a small amount of grind in PvE to get. Alternatives will be stated where this is the case. These are not 'noob' builds - they are the builds that would help us the most and can be learned / crafted over time

These are not cheap builds. They are optimal builds. This was a core concept when designing these builds, to have them be as effective as possible. If you are not willing to spend the money and effort, that's okay, we aren't enforcing these builds on anyone. But I'll post the alternatives here, as you did on earlier thread, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, this is a valid point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't want to use expensive food, Saffron Bread and Superior Sharpening Stones are good on every class. You can swap concentration away for Hydromancy or Fire. 

On the topic of the concentration sigil, do note that it can be crafted cheaper with a level 225 scribe.  I do feel this is a required sigil and a worthwhile investment (been playing it on my guardian for a while).

Really good builds, I run the guardian mace/shield variant and barely go down. I can sustain in bombs, have plenty of blocks and damage.

Only thing lacking is a leap for a quick bomb but if the squad can can leap and then you can easily catch up.

All build in combo of 20ish people running would make a huge impact on the open zerg so please consider and run them to support the commander.

FYI this is very similar to what FSP run so if you want to beat them start running these BUILDS!

All the love,

LORD ScrubZila

If I was going to do "Today I am gonna try blobbing in wvw and steamroll enemy" I would:

Guardian - Bulk of the melee
a) Go for powersnacks (or precision if healing myself + might to others more important then direct damage) for badges of horror + saffron bread that hopefully someone else drops for me to eat from
b ) Minstrel amulet, knight + sentinel ring
c ) Forget sigil for 50 G each, I go Transference for 4 G
d ) Exotic version of weapons + armorparts for 11-12 G/piece

That would still cost me 110-120 G, but with mindset if I liked play guardian in blobs, I would then consider invest 800-1000 G on ascended (or some other game-tokens I farmed somewhere else)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS5el8AhShYrQwZIwPEHJE1dZDgDIPD/XAi3gMIFA-TVSYABlqSRbKJAQpApqr4rygEUiNtSQN1N85+DkBoYLA-w

Necro - Power
Thanks, back to the "better if people survive and do dmg over time" - a mix of the really old starterbuild and last used as so called official.
I change food and go exotic (i am still cheap). If i got killed too fast, I go marauder amulet (for those extra 500 health)
I would, like earlier in the days when I reaped, slide around all over the field and/or dig-alota (i used gs as reaper)

Rev
Wanderer weapons (compensate for boonduration), full marauder gear, cavalier-rings,  rest of trinkets berserker and cheap food (precision).
Still hit hard, for lower cost. and stay alive long enough to spam dwarf/mallyx, move with a blockwall and blast a waterfield
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFNFyegJshtFIANQdG34HA-TVBXABAo87TdBPoEUV1fId/ByAUMBA-w

Warrior
Exotic gear/weapons. 10% less crit damage, 32 more power.
Dolly signet to compensate for changing to Power-food and lower armor.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSnMdAdhgNeAmkC0hgltATJGE4aBvX2O7pF5vFACdA-TVRLgAPq/wt/gvSQAdBvK/IDQxWA-w

Overall
You can not simply put +stat infusion on amulet

Coondivent build(Condi Revenant) Experimental

The other builds are probably a better idea to use, I'm using this because I wanted to play a bit different without switching classes.
I thought I do share it

How to use
Same as normal revenant(spam 1 and 2 and spam resistance) but relies on doing condition damage with mace, axe instead of using hammer.
Use your axe 5 skill for sure when you are on dwarf waiting for demon to return from cooldown(After dwarf ult obviously).
Depending on the situation(heavy condi enemy or not) you might be able to use the Demon Leap or even ultimate!
Like usual you make roads and blast them(Use mace 3 to blast(can blast the road 2~3 times even!))
Pro's
- Forces Revenant to be true melee
- Deals a lot of annoying condition damage(Torment, confusion)
- A trait that uses the skill banish enchantment(Deal damage,apply confusion and remove boons) when you strike a foo! with 2 or more boons(25 seconds cooldown)
- Mace meta! :wub:

Cons
- No ranged poke
- Less Critical chance/damage
- Less Boon Duration
- Second hit will still be blocked

Probably more pro's and Cons

Build Link

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFUlx+82rX9iNGJNgDaA-TVyHABPpEEgnAwvnCgw3fYeVVGXfQ8qVYkyAiU6RIgFrBA-w

Credits for this build
The Freakshow(Pointing me into the right direction giving a base build, fine tuning, being my sensei),
Spartacus(Giving some tips, fine tuning),
Me(Wanting a condi revenant badly, looking for help, trying to make a build)

4 hours ago, Brio said:

Guardian - Bulk of the melee

If you want cheaper builds, you can always just run the exotic version of my build. Swapping the gear around will just reduce the stats too much. I know Concentration is expensive, but you can always use Hydromancy or Transference instead until you want to fully commit to the guardian.

4 hours ago, Brio said:

Rev

The only boon you consistently share as revenant is resistance. While being one of the most important boons in the game, increasing the boon duration by 7% is not going to make a difference. Again, just use the stats I gave you as exotic if you want a cheaper alternative.

5 hours ago, Brio said:

Warrior

Dolyak Signet is a good idea if you go exotic. 

5 hours ago, Brio said:

Overall
You can not simply put +stat infusion on amulet

Good point. I had forgotten about that, and seems like GW2 skills hasn't been properly updated yet. 

New guardian

(Ascended, non-cheap snacks) Transference sigil.
+20 power, +121 toughness, +970 health, + 1.455% outgoing heal (without sigil), -0.14% critchance, +0.27 % crit-dmg, +3 healingpower, -2.47% boon duration

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS5el8AhmhYrQwbIwPEHJEVeG+vA8usBwBg3gMoMB-TVzHQBvTVChoECAXEg/pkofKDC3+Dg7JAwQlguTlkhoExb6GonaCAUpQAAEgduz0ZdGse1re1re1TjuzduzdWKAN3ZB-w

Exotic version, with cheaper food (and retreat as third util)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS5el8AhmhYrQwbIwPEHJE1dZDgDIPD/XAi3gMoMB-T1SYABlqKxn7P0rSCK1NsrygAUiAgSIlVC6rSBSVJRV1EAA-w

15 hours ago, Brio said:

New guardian

(Ascended, non-cheap snacks) Transference sigil.
+20 power, +121 toughness, +970 health, + 1.455% outgoing heal (without sigil), -0.14% critchance, +0.27 % crit-dmg, +3 healingpower, -2.47% boon duration

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS5el8AhmhYrQwbIwPEHJEVeG+vA8usBwBg3gMoMB-TVzHQBvTVChoECAXEg/pkofKDC3+Dg7JAwQlguTlkhoExb6GonaCAUpQAAEgduz0ZdGse1re1re1TjuzduzdWKAN3ZB-w

Exotic version, with cheaper food (and retreat as third util)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS5el8AhmhYrQwbIwPEHJE1dZDgDIPD/XAi3gMoMB-T1SYABlqKxn7P0rSCK1NsrygAUiAgSIlVC6rSBSVJRV1EAA-w

The reason why you run Pure of Voice is because you get reduced cooldown on the most important skill in the game for WvW: Stand Your Ground. Every guardian should always run Pure of Voice, and when you take away Force of Will your vitality goes down quite alot. 

Also I'm assuming you tried to accomplish the same stats as I had on my build (???) The problem is, you are now missing 35% boon duration. 100% boon duration boosts your Stab duration to 12s and the cd on SYG being 24 seconds, this will ideally fully optimize your stab rotation. With this you don't need to include Virtue Of Courage to your rotation by default, and you can keep that as backup for sticky situations. 

Yooo Todos! I hope the builds will go officiell with Links on TS? Did we get a confirmation from the admins if and When its gonna be updated?

I want to make à minor suggestion or à wish that when we Link the builds if we Also can get à link to the Elementalist build that Evil had. I had à diskussion on TS about the builds, and was gonna link that build but i had to scroll through like 5 pages and alot of text and stuff in there aswell, wich Made it hard to find. The person said he was gonna try and find it himself tho but it would be Nice with clean versions of the builds. So people can easily find and read what we are looking for. 

maybe we should do the same on the forum when the builds are official Put them up seperatley so we can easily find them and dont get confused in all theorycrafting and advices we get from our passionate players. :D 

8 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Yooo Todos! I hope the builds will go officiell with Links on TS? Did we get a confirmation from the admins if and When its gonna be updated?

I want to make à minor suggestion or à wish that when we Link the builds if we Also can get à link to the Elementalist build that Evil had. I had à diskussion on TS about the builds, and was gonna link that build but i had to scroll through like 5 pages and alot of text and stuff in there aswell, wich Made it hard to find. The person said he was gonna try and find it himself tho but it would be Nice with clean versions of the builds. So people can easily find and read what we are looking for. 

maybe we should do the same on the forum when the builds are official Put them up seperatley so we can easily find them and dont get confused in all theorycrafting and advices we get from our passionate players. :D 

The builds have already been updated on TS, and this thread has been pinned to "important stuff" section.

For ele build we need to ask Evil, since hes the one updating that one.

I don't mind you pinning my build to your first post above and on TS, I suggest copying all of them tho. :)

1 hour ago, I Am The Freakshow said:

The reason why you run Pure of Voice is because you get reduced cooldown on the most important skill in the game for WvW: Stand Your Ground. Every guardian should always run Pure of Voice, and when you take away Force of Will your vitality goes down quite alot. 

Also I'm assuming you tried to accomplish the same stats as I had on my build (???) The problem is, you are now missing 35% boon duration. 100% boon duration boosts your Stab duration to 12s and the cd on SYG being 24 seconds, this will ideally fully optimize your stab rotation. With this you don't need to include Virtue Of Courage to your rotation by default, and you can keep that as backup for sticky situations. 

I got stuck a bit in the theorycrafting, so I did not check everything.
Correct that I used Force of Will and was comparing stats with your build, other builds + metabattle mace/shield with mercyrunes but lost track of traits in the crafting.

In theory boonduration get 100% with the herald´s Naturalistic Resonance.
In theory and practicly same Herald also runs out of Energy.
Due to the pearls, the sigil is expensive (35 g in material if know and trust someone that can craft it)

However, I do agree that faster cond-cleansing shouts are prefered in blobfights and I do not know how I missed that in the end.

4 hours ago, Brio said:

In theory boonduration get 100% with the herald´s Naturalistic Resonance.

No but you had 30% boon duration and with revenant you go up to 60%. So you are still missing loads. Or am I being retarded and not seeing what you are trying to say?

What I am saying is that in theory the builds rely on rev/herald for boonduration and optimal gameplay. Which ofc theory almost always is, optimal theory.

Your build have, in theory 100,4%, mine have 64,73.
If add the sigil (33%) in my build it lands on 97,73, which leads to 11,8638 sec stab vs 12 sec in your build.
Problem with my build however, as you pointed out, is the cooldown on shouts, which I agree on, faster cond-cleansing shouts is better, which then gives, in theory, 100% uptime of stab with dual f3 as a panicbutton.

Dual Guard Front/Mid Engage/Push/Tank

Gs Hammer Dps Push/Charge

Gs Mace Shield Dps Push/Charge

Skill 9 Optional replace with whatever it fits your team.

Switchable traits:

Zeal - Symbolic Avenger to Shattered Aegis

Valor - Strength in Numbers for either Communal Defenses or Stalwart Defender; Altruistic Healing for Retributive Armor

Honor- Protective Reviver to Invigorated Bulwark; Empowering Might to Pure of Heart

Ham Engage/Push Sustain dot

Skill 9 Optional as the previous one, you can take some more prot or heal for improving.

Switchable traits:

Valor -Strength in Numbers for either Communal Defenses or Stalwart Defender; Altruistic Healing for Retributive Armor

Honor - Protective Reviver to Invigorated Bulwark; Empowering Might to Pure of Heart

DH -  Bulwark for Hunter's Determination

Feel free to change what ever you like build has Four ways to be played they are not for single usage ;)

6 hours ago, GreenOsw said:

Dual Guard Front/Mid Engage/Push/Tank

Gs Hammer Dps Push/Charge

Gs Mace Shield Dps Push/Charge

Skill 9 Optional replace with whatever it fits your team.

Switchable traits:

Zeal - Symbolic Avenger to Shattered Aegis

Valor - Strength in Numbers for either Communal Defenses or Stalwart Defender; Altruistic Healing for Retributive Armor

Honor- Protective Reviver to Invigorated Bulwark; Empowering Might to Pure of Heart

Ham Engage/Push Sustain dot

Skill 9 Optional as the previous one, you can take some more prot or heal for improving.

Switchable traits:

Valor -Strength in Numbers for either Communal Defenses or Stalwart Defender; Altruistic Healing for Retributive Armor

Honor - Protective Reviver to Invigorated Bulwark; Empowering Might to Pure of Heart

DH -  Bulwark for Hunter's Determination

Feel free to change what ever you like build has Four ways to be played they are not for single usage ;)

So let me get this straight. 

You made 3 builds, and the only change you did stat wise was take away 35% crit dmg and 14% boon duration. What.

Always. always, ALWAYS use virtues. Never take that traitline away. You lose your main condiclense outside Purging Flames and your secondary stab from Virtue of Courage. Also you throw away 20% recharge/duration on purging flames, which is one of the most important skills in the current metagame. Master of Concentrations becomes even better if you use Wall Of Reflection, which most guardians should be using anyway. 

Sigil of Strength is a waste on your weapons. You have enough might generation already. 

+200 power while your health is below 50%. Why? Do you aim to be low hp all the time? With all the sustain coming out from this metagame, you either are high hp, or you need to regroup. Having no stab or boons gets you killed in less than seconds, you will never have proper time to take advantage of that foodbuff.

You have 150% crit dmg, yet for some reason you added superior sigil of force. Let's say you crit 3k on a mighty blow with this build. Sigil of Force adds 150 dmg. That's a waste of a sigil, seeing as there is tons of protection, % reduced damage, dwarf elite in this meta. With 150% crit dmg you will most likely crit even less than 3k. 

To me it seems like you are trying to make a different build for the sake of making something new. The problem is that Guardian is not that flexible class, and basic builds will always be more useful that special snoflake builds. 

The bonus stab comes from mes/reve stun breaks and traits as well the more dmg reduction. Virtues are replaced for symbols so you can keep more sustain to allies and keep your health under 50% to keep up with the food bonus and keep your dps even as tank, that's also the idea for high hp as well you can still get rid from some vit gear vs ferocity and get back your vit from Force of Will.

Also you can still cap fero from reve and warior buffs. The idea of Sigil of strength is to keep perma might so you can do symbol aoe every 6-8 sec and burst every 15-30 sec as well reve can keep up with resistance as ele/druid/engi can convert all these things to boons. Also if you cant keep up with condi you can simply switch to SvS and CoP you still get the same condi cleanse effect +boons that can make your 50% hp even easier.

As i mentioned these builds are flexible enough to be used into more than 5 ways. Also the guardian is flexible enough to be played in many ways and still be efficient as the meta is. Also i mentioned it already these builds are only the core that form 5 other builds that goes better than meta, another is the question are the othersable to  get the potential of them.

The formula for them is Heavy tank > Sustain > Heal/aoe> Mid perma aoe >High aoe burst = Heavy Multy Tank. I already have the full builds ready and going pretty well, but won't share them yet wanna see what the conclusions are. 

^^ Have in mind i NEVER HAVE USED META and NEVER WILL. ^^

If you guys come up with new build ideas, create new discussion subjects before placing them here.
This thread is for approved builds.
(even though I don't agree with the meta condi necro)